Saturday 17 May 2014

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Correcting Shampoo - Monthly favourite

So, due to my tardiness this month I'm incorporating two blog posts in one - a normal blog review and my monthly favourites. However, this month there is only one favourite and thats simply because I haven't really been overly impressed with any other products, and this one was just so impressive, I felt like it deserved it's own, so here goes...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

If you're like me and you fake your blonde barnet, you've probably come across this same problem time and time again. Dry, course ends, frizziness and a bad yellow tinge - typical problems that can make a really good blonde look a little dishevelled. That was until I discovered this fabulous product, John Frieda's Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Correcting Shampoo. 

Despite having the longest product name in history, I was so happy I stumbled across this product. As much as I love my dip-dye, it can be a bit of a bugger to maintain. The golden, glowing blonde ends eventually turn into a really bad bleach job and often crying out to be renewed. 

I've never been overly convinced with colour keeping, renewing or changing, haircare products. Coloured hair will fade and I'm quite certain nothing can change that. However, this one by John Frieda did a pretty good job. The correcting formula helps counteract unwanted yellow tones to neutralisse brassiness by helping to put the sparkle back into blonde hair. And boy did it put the sparkle back. 

I must admit, I didn't purchase the conditioner because I felt like my hair didn't need it. After using the shampoo on a couple of occassions, the brassiness in my hair had practically disappeared and I'd received a few compliements on how healthy my hair was looking. That can't be bad, right?

I would, without a doubt recommend this product to any of my colour-treated blonde friends. In fact, I recently recommended to a work colleague who, very selflessly and bravely, shaved off her hair in aid of a children's brain tumour charity. She's since died it blonde and it looks incredible, but she was concerned about it turning yellow rather than staying bleach blonde, and so, I didn't think twice about recommending John Frieda's Tone-Correcting Shampoo. 

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Correcting Shampoo is available from Boots £5.99/250ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig