Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Mascara Monologues: Benefit They're Real Mascara

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The hype for this product a couple of months ago was incredible. Not only did I see it advertised everywhere, but every beauty blogger in the blogosphere was reviewing it. But now it’s my turn.

I was bought this product for Christmas, as a gift from my sister after she’d discovered it a month earlier. I've always loved Benefit products the sleek and quirky designs, they're exciting and look great. But as much as it pains me to say, I was a little bit disappointed by this mascara.

Ill start with a positive and trust me, there are plenty! Regular readers of Jade's beauty blog will know how much I appreciate a plastic mascara wand. What makes this one slightly different from the rest is that it combines two wands in one - a standard brush with a slightly rounder end to curl and separate the lashes. Despite Benefit claiming that the wand curls and separates, for me it did the opposite. I found the product slightly too clumpy and not near as 'natural' as other, cheaper mascaras that I have used. But maybe this is down to how heavy the finished product is causing it to clump rather than separate.

Aside from the wand, I was really impressed with the staying power of there product. In fact, it's better than any other mascara I've used before. Benefit claim that the mascara won't smudge or dry out and they are 100% spot on. Despite this, removing the mascara takes some welly! No matter how often I wash and wipe my eyelashes, it takes a good couple of goes before it's gone. 

For me, Benefit's They're Real Mascara was a little bit hit and miss. If the product didn't clump as much then I would definitely re-purchase over and over again. Yet because of this, I'm not sure I could justify the price tag for a product I wouldn't be overly happy with. I'm not saying I wouldn't ever use it again, but it certainly wouldn't be my go-to mascara. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara is available for £19.50/8.5g from www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk.

2 comments:

Blogger Template Made By pipdig