Thursday 11 October 2012

What's in my make-up bag 2012

Back in 2011, my make-up bag looked like this. Considering we're three months away from 2013, I thought I was due another one and to see how much my make-up routine has changed - apparently not so much. I guess I'm a creature of habit.


First of all my make-up bag is Cath Kidston and was bought as a Christmas gift from my beautiful Sister. It's a lot smaller than the last one I had, so I've had to cut down on a few products, leaving room for just the essentials.

L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream (Light Skin Tone) - My current make-up essential, you won't see me go a day without this product. To read my full review of this product, click here.

L'Oreal True Match Touché Magique Concealer - I have never, ever found an under eye concealer that works so well with my skin tone and hides those pesky dark circles as good as this one. It's a fantastic product and almost a cheaper version of the Yves Saint Laurent's Touché Éclat. Price, £7.19 from Boots.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-in-One BB Cream (Light) - I bought this quite a while back, back when I wanted to try a BB cream that wasn't going to cost me the earth. I loved this as a starter product, but wanted a BB cream that did a little bit more. I still keep this one in my make-up bag for days when I don't feel like wearing too much make-up. Available from Boots at £7.49.

Powder FX (E40) - I was given this at a press show around about a year ago and unfortunately I haven't kept any details on the brand. For the last year I have sworn by bareMinerals, but after running out and realising I had no other foundation, I fell towards this. The lovely gentleman who I spoke to at the time, matched my skin perfectly, which I guess is why I haven't stopped using it. The only problem is it doesn't last that long and by midday, it's worn off. But the consistency is lovely and feels ever so light on the skin.

Benefit 'that gal' Brightening Face Primer - I received this as a sample from a magazine. It smells amazing and feels really light and as a primer itself, I think it's okay. I haven't really used it enough to get a full grasp on it yet. Full sized product cost £21.50.

bareMinerals Prime Time Brightening Pearl Eyelid Primer - I haven't yet used an eyelid primer that trumps this one, but if you have any to rival, let me know. It helps make your eyeshadow pop and won't budge at all. To read my full review, click here. Price, £16 for 3ml.

Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner (black) - I believe that every woman should own a liquid eyeliner. It's an essential product for creating a completely different look in one sweep. The great thing about this eyeliner is the size of the wand - it's quite long, as is the brush, which makes application really easy and seamless. A must have product of mine that I have been buying for years. Price £5.29.

Bourjois Eyeliner Pencil (black) - I think this product has been discontinued because I can't seem to find it anywhere. But needless to say, it's pretty much a standard eyeliner pencil. Stays put for most of the day, but tends to bleed under your eyes. Price is unknown.

L'Oreal Volume Million Mascara - I don't often buy a mascara more than once, but this one has been an exception to the rule. In fact, I think I have bought this twice over. What I love about this mascara is the wand and how well it coats all of your lashes.

Barry M Nail Polish (shade NP318) - One of my favourite Barry M nail polish shades, slightly too bright and summery for the Autumn months, so I will be swapping this with a darker navy or deep red shade instead. Price, £2.99 from Boots.

Clinique Instant Life for Brows (soft brown) - Quite possibly one of the best eyebrow crayons I have used, it's really subtle and easy to apply. The highlighter on the other end of the crayon gives a great lift to the brow bone too. Available in three colours, soft blonde, soft brown and deep brown, and available from Clinique for £15.

Benefit Posy Tint - This was a mini sample from a magazine, that I'm still trying to scrape the remnants from. It's a great little product and add a slight pink tone to your cheeks. This is a lip tint too. Price for the original size is £24.50.

Tools

(Unknown brand) eyelash curlers - A must-have for any girls make-up bag. I don't go a day without using these!

Vie at Home Double-Ended Eyeshadow Brush - Unsure of price

bareMinerals Wet/Dry Shadow Brush - £13 from bareMinerals

bareMinerals Flawless Application Face Brush - £19 from bareMinerals

Please link me to your make-up bag posts - I love having a good nosey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig